There are many reasons why companies fire employees.Most companies start with giving warnings (maximum 3 warning).However this rule may not apply when the reason is severe;The employ can be fired without an termination letter for example sharing details with the competing business ,this can lead to the person in very serious trouble.On the other hand if company has signed an contract with the employ, they might not be able to fire them but if the case is severe then it is entitled to.
Reason to be fired
- Damaging companies property
- Drug or alcohol possession at work
- Falsifying company records
- Poor performance
- Selling or using companies personal data to others
- Too much time off
- Violating company rules
- Harassment to other
All these reason may cause an affect on you being fired .
“Firing” or “Layoff” has reasons as told by Rameen. In addition to that the reason of layoff can be:
- Unproductive Labor: Staff which is not actively involved in increasing productivity of a firm
- Merger: Layoff can be done after mergers between two companies. There might be some “positions” which are not required after the merger.
- Production Methods: When a business shifts from Batch Production to Flow Production Methods. Machine oriented production require less labor.
- Financial Issues: Salary is normally the major portion of Profit and Loss Statements. Most managers believes that this cost can be cut while maintaining the efficiency
- Closure of Plant: There may be a plant /factory which is not productive anymore due to non-availability of cheap material from nearby locations. Closure of such plants may lead to employee layoff.
Companies fire employees for many acceptable reasons like Attendance issues, such as frequent absences or chronic tardiness. Crimes like Theft or other criminal behavior including revealing trade secrets. Alongside, Sexual harassment and other discriminatory behavior in the workplace as well as Physical violence or threats against other employees. On the other hand, companies can also fire employees if they want to downsize the business.